According to official standards, the flood is a natural disaster that flooded the different scale of the land. It would seem that nothing terrible in this, but extremely large amounts of water are not only able podtopit cellars and gardens, but also to destroy entire buildings.
34 reservoir, owned by the Republic, placed in the first category of risk. Five of them this year temporarily “liberated” from the assigned functions and put on a major overhaul. Rules in a flood – what to do if flooding begins.
With the threat of a natural disaster, you need to know how to protect your home from flooding, what measures should be taken to minimize the risk of damage and to ensure the safety of yourself and your family.
How to prepare for a flood:
- Keep a supply of drinking water: tap water may not be safe to drink.
- If water gets into the house, turn off the power before you start to restore order. Open the windows, if you smell gas.
- Do not leave the house during the flood, except as expressly life-threatening. Climb up and wait for help.
- In areas with high risk of flooding as flooring on the ground floor use ceramic plate, lift electrical outlets and switches are not less than 1.5 m from the floor and carry out wiring on the first floor through a cavity in the ceiling and down the wall that it passes Above the water level.
Preparation and protection against flooding homes:
- Check the garage. Is there anything important in the boxes on the floor? If so, move it to another location.
- Set the fence at the door. Water can penetrate into the house through the bottom of the door frame. The guardrail will hold low water.
- Use the flood-bags. Special bags are easier to store and move than conventional sandbags. In water they swell and form a waterproof barrier.
- Protective covers for bricks. Water can penetrate the low-lying holes in the brick. Buy protective gear.
- Set-return valves to the discharge pipe and the inlet water pipe to the dirty water in the flood not hit again in the water system.
- Take away valuable items, electronic appliances and expensive furniture to the upper floor.
See also Rainy season causes floods